Things to Buy in Stanley Market
Your shopping is probably mostly concentrated around the market, which I think has more 'market atmosphere' though there are shops around the Murray House too.
There are all kinds of shops though they are extremely touristy and are mostly souvenir.
- Small Chinese bamboo bird cages as home decoration
- small wooden frame with Chinese character or Chinese ornament inside
- Your English name in Chinese calligraphy (see picture on the left border) - I am embarrassed to find most of the 'calligraphy' are of poor standard. Find a local but not the shopkeeper to help you to distinguish the good and poor.
- linen Chinese embroidered table cloth, handkerchiefs, small cloth bag
- silky embroidered wine bottle bag, mobile phone cover or handbag
Watch and electronics shops:
- loads of cheap watches, perfect for young kids. We are talking about US$3 per watch!
- fancy torches
- data bank with calendar, calculator and other functions
- very fancy, sparkly beads dress for ballroom dance
- silk garment
- XXL garment
- cheap t-shirt